This is really not meant for public consumption, although I appreciate every random reader from across the globe. The intended audience for this, which informs the way I write and describe/compare the music, is the friends I’ve accumulated in my 36 years with whom I’ve shared mutual enjoyment of music in the past, and it’s my desire to foster or rekindle that facet of those relationships.
And finally, let me state for the record up front that I don’t care when it came out. This is my list, and it’s called “My Favorite”, not the more pompous “Best of”, so your end-of-year list rules do not apply. If it did not enter my awareness until 2015, it’s eligible. Also, I don’t care if it’s a mixtape or an official album. Both make the cut.
5. Oslow - No Longer Concerns Me 7"
4. Ringfinger/Fairlane - split 12"
3. Belmont – Between You & Me
2. Hiding Place – Hiding Place
1. Peregrine – Sorry About the Mess
15. Carpenter – Lifelines
14. Mindsone & DJ Iron – Phaseology
13. Havoc x The Alchemist – The Silent Partner
12. This Town Needs Guns (TTNG) – Disappointment Island
11. Reks – The Greatest X
10. Arrows In Her – It Tired Me All the Same
9. Dillon & Paten Locke – Food Chain
8. Somos – First Day Back
7. Deer Leap – Impermanence
6. A Sight For Sewn Eyes – A Sight For Sewn Eyes
5. Beneficence – Basement Chemistry
4. Balance and Composure – The Light We Made
3. face to face – Protection
2. Luca Brasi – If This Is All We're Going To Be
1. Elzhi – Lead Poison
Thanks for checking out the list. Hopefully I'll be back in early April with lots more new music.